Duplexing a Print Job (Two-Sided Printing)
Automatic duplex allows you to print your document on both sides of the paper without having to manually re-orient the
sheets. Ensure that you load letter-size or A4 plain paper. You cannot duplex-print on envelopes, card stock, or photo
1. Turn on your computer and printer, and make sure they are connected.
2. Load the paper. For more information, see
3. With your document open, click File® Print.
4. Click Preferences, Properties, Options, or Setup (depending on the program or operating system).
5. Click the Advanced tab, and then select the 2-sided printing check box.
6. From the drop-down list, select Automatic.
7. Select how you want to bind your pages.
8. Select the Extend dry time check box.
9. If unselected, select the Print Instruction Page to Assist in Reloading check box.
10. Click OK.
The Printing Preferences dialog box closes.
11. Click OK or Print.
Canceling a Print Job
Sent From a Local Computer
There are two ways to cancel a print job sent from a computer that is connected to the printer by a USB cable.
From the Printers folder:
1. In Windows Vista™:
® Control Panel.
b. Click Hardware and Sound.
c. Click Printers.
XP, click Start ® Settings® Control Panel® Printers and Other Hardware® Printers and
In Windows 2000, click Start ® Settings® Printers.
2. Right-click the Dell V505 icon.