The character group commands enable you to print text to accompany your HP-GL/2 generated graphics
without leaving graphics mode.
and you can modify various printing characteristics of the text such as the size, direction
and slant of the characters.
SD - Define standard font
SD [ attribute, value ] [..] [;]
attribute ; a font attribute to be defined
value ; the value of the attribute
• This command allows you to define the standard font and its attribute.
• attribute takes a value from 1-7. 1=symbol set, 2=spacing, 3=pitch, 4=height, 5=posture, 6=stroke weight
• value selects an option for the specified attribute.
• If the defined font is not available another font is selected that matches the defined font's specified attributes
as closely as possible.
The symbol set attribute has the highest priority for matching and typeface has the
• If you omit all parameters,
You can use any font that would be available to you in LaserJet
the default standard font attributes are used.
CHAPTER 4 HP-GL/2 - 39
These are shown below.