Black horizontal stripes
- Clean inside the machine and the corona wire of the drum unit.
- The paper tray earth spring on the machine side may be dirty.
- This problem may disappear after printing multiple sheets of paper.
- When the horizontal stripes appear at intervals of 45.3 mm, replace
- When the horizontal stripes appear at intervals of 94.2 mm, replace
Dirt on electrodes of the drum unit
and those of the machine
Dirt on electrodes of the toner
cartridge and those of the machine
Earth wires or earth plate attachment
failure (not grounded correctly)
Tray earth spring is bent.
Scratches or dirt on the heat unit
(horizontal stripes at intervals of
High-voltage power supply PCB
Tray earth spring
• Image defects which appear periodically may be caused by failure of rollers. Refer to
the table below and determine the cause based on the diameter of the rollers or the
pitch at which defects appear in the image.
Diameter of rollers and pitch which appears in the image
Heat unit in the fuser unit
Pressure roller in the fuser unit
Clean it with a dry cloth.
the toner cartridge with a new one.
the drum unit with a new one.
Clean the electrodes of the drum unit and those
of the machine. (Refer to
Clean the electrodes of the toner cartridge and
those of the machine. (Refer to
Retighten the screws to secure the earth
wires or earth plate.
Replace the paper tray.
Replace the fuser unit.
Replace the high-voltage power supply PCB
Bottom surface of Paper tray
Pitch at which defects
ø 20 mm
ø 30 mm
ø 30 mm
appear in the image