Hardware Maintenance Manual
Replacing the keyboard
8. Connect the 2 cables to the new LED panel.
9. Align the 4 mounting holes on the LED panel brackets with the holes
in the chassis and secure it with the 4 screws.
10. Reattach the EMI cover, back deco, the computer cover and computer
Do not remove the computer cover or attempt any repair before
reading the "Important safety information" in the Safety and Warranty
Guide that was included with your computer or in the Hardware
Maintenance Manual (HMM) for the computer. To obtain copies of
the Safety and Warranty Guide or HMM, go to the Support Web site at:
To replace the keyboard:
1. Remove any media (disks, CDs, or memory cards) from the drives,
shut down the operating system, and turn off the computer and all
2. Unplug all power cords from electrical outlets.
3. Locate the connector for the keyboard. Refer to "Left and right view"
and "Rear view " for help with locating the various connectors.