Replacing the CPU
7. Remove the heatsink by lifting it up.
8. Line up the new heatsink then secure it to the motherboard with the screws.
9. Attach the system fan to the new heatsink.
10. Reattach the EMI cover, back deco, the computer cover and computer
To replace the CPU:
1. Remove the computer cover. Refer to "Removing the computer cover".
2. Remove the back deco. Refer to "Removing the back deco".
3. Remove the computer stand. Refer to "Removing the computer stand".
4. Remove the EMI cover. Refer to "Removing the EMI cover".
5. Remove the system fan. Refer to "Replacing the system fan".
6. Remove the heatsink. Refer to "Replacing the heatsink".
7. Lift the small handle and open the retainer.
Do not touch the gold contacts on the bottom of the microprocessor.
When handing the microprocessor, touch only the sides.
Chapter 8. Replacing hardware