1. Remove any media (disks, CDs, or memory cards) from the drives,
shut down the operating system, and turn off the computer and all
2. Unplug all power cords from electrical outlets.
3. Disconnect all cables attached to the computer. This includes power
cords, input/output (I/O) cables, and any other cables that are
connected to the computer. Refer to "Left and right view" and "Rear
view" for help with locating the various connectors.
4. Remove the computer cover. Refer to "Removing the computer cover".
5. Push out the latches on both sides of the memory socket to release
the memory module and gently pull the memory module upward to
remove it from its socket. All of the memory modules can be removed
using the same procedure.
6. Align the new memory module with the socket, then insert it and push
down on the top edge of the module. Make sure the latches lock the
memory module in place.
7. Align then slide the computer cover back into position.
Chapter 8. Replacing hardware