Hardware Maintenance Manual
Selecting a startup device
Selecting a temporary startup device
1. Start the Setup Utility program (See Starting the Setup Utility program .)
2. From the Security menu, select Set Power-On Password and press Enter.
3. The password dialog box will be displayed. Type the new password, and
4. when prompted to confirm the password, type the password again. If
you type the password correctly, the password will be installed.
To delete a previously set Power-On Password, do the following :
1. From the Security menu, select Set Power-On Password and press Enter.
2. The password dialog box will be displayed. Enter Current Password and
press Enter. Press Enter in New Password and confirm New Password
dialog. A setup notice will display that changes have been saved.
3. Select Exit.
4. Select Save changes and Exit.
After the password is set, you may select the"Advanced" and "Devices" tab for
more device setup.
If your computer does not start up (boot) from a device such as the
CD-ROM, diskette, or hard disk as expected, use one of the following
procedures to select a startup device.
Use this procedure to startup from any boot device.
Note: Not all CDs, hard disks, and diskettes are bootable.
1. Turn off your computer.
2. Press and hold the F12 key then turn on the computer. When the
Startup Device Menu appears, release the F12 key.
Note: If you are using a USB keyboard and the Startup Device Menu
does not display using this method, repeatedly press and release
the F12 key rather than leaving it pressed when turning on the
3. Select the desired startup device from the Startup Device Menu and
press Enter to begin.
Note: Selecting a startup device from the Startup Device menu does
not permanently change the startup sequence.