• Apply a small quantity of SUZUKI MOLY PASTE to the arma-
~ 99000-25140: SUZUKI MOLY PASTE
• Fit the projection of the starter motor case to the depression
of the housing end.
• Apply SUZUKI SUPER GREASE to the a-ring.
~ 99000-25030: SUZUKI SUPER GREASE "A" (USA)
99000-25010: SUZUKI SUPER GREASE "A" (Others)
• Tighten the starter motor lead wire mounting nut to the speci-
~ Lead wire mounting nut: 3 N·m (0.3 kgf-m, 2.0 Ib-ft)
STARTER RELAY INSPECTION
• Remove the front seat. (c:::::TS-6)
• Disconnect the battery
lead wire from the battery.
• Remove the starter relay cover.
• Disconnect the starter motor lead wire
battery lead wire (2)
and starter relay coupler @.
• Remove the starter relay @.
Apply 12 V to
terminals and check for continuity
between the positive and negative terminals using the multi cir-
cuit tester. If the starter relay clicks and continuity is found, the
relay is ok.
09900-25008: Multi circuit tester set
Tester knob indication: Continuity test (el)))
Do not apply battery voltage to the starter relay for
more than five seconds, since the relay coil may over-
heat and get damaged.