MAINTENANCE AND TUNE-UP
This section describes the servicing procedures for each item of
the Periodic Maintenance requirements.
Inspect every 6 000 km (4000 miles, 6 months).
Replace every 18 000 km (11 000 miles, 18 months).
• Remove the front and rear seats. (c::::rS-6)
• Lift and support the fuel tank. (c::::rS-S)
• Remove the air cleaner element by removing the screws.
• Carefully use air hose to blow the dust from the cleaner ele-
Always apply air pressure on the throttle body side of the air
If air pressure is applied improperly, dirt will be
forced into the pores of the air cleaner element thus restricting
air flow through the air cleaner element.
• Reinstall the cleaned or new air cleaner element in the
reverse order of removal.
If driving under dusty conditions, clean the air cleaner element
more frequently. Make sure that the air cleaner is in good condi-
tion at all times. The life of the engine depends largely on this
• Remove the drain plug from the air cleaner box to allow any
water to drain out.