FI SYSTEM DIAGNOSIS
"C31" GEAR POSITION (GP) SWITCH CIRCUIT MALFUNCTION
No Gear Position switch voltage
• Gear Position switch circuit open or short.
Switch voltage low.
• Gear Position switch malfunction.
Sensor voltage> 0.6 V
• ECM malfunction.
(without the above range.)
1) Lift and support the fuel tank with its prop stay. (C7"5-5)
2) Turn the ignition switch OFF.
3) Check the GP switch coupler for loose or poor contacts.
If OK, then measure the GP switch voltage.
4) Support the motorcycle with a jack.
5) Turn the side-stand to up-right position.
6) Make sure the engine stop switch is in the "RUN" position.
7) Insert the needle pointed probes to the lead wire coupler.
8) Turn the ignition switch ON.
9) Measure the voltage at the wire side coupler between Pink
wire and ground, when shifting the gearshift lever from 1st to
GP switch voltage: 0.6 V and more
(Pink - Ground)
09900-25008: Multi circuit tester set
09900-25009: Needle pointed probe set
~ Tester knob indication: Voltage (=-=-=)
Is the voltage OK?
Pink wire open or shorted to ground, or poor
If wire and connection are OK, intermittent trou-
ble or faulty ECM.
Recheck each terminal and wire harness for
open circuit and poor connection.
Replace the ECM with a new one, and inspect it
• Open or short circuit in the Pink wire.
Replace the GP switch with a new one,