1. Make connections illustrated as page8 -11.
2. Insert a recordable DVD+RW or DVD+R into the recorder.
3. Press the DV. TV or SOURCE button to select the input source which you have connected
as step 1.
R-CVBS: Rear Audio/Video Input (on the rear panel)
SCART: Rear SCART input (on the rear panel).
R-SV: Rear S-Video (on the rear panel)
TV: (you can select it by pressing CHANNEL+/- or input the assigned number of the
channel to select your desired one directly)
DV: Digital vidicon
4. Press the REC/OTR button to start recording.
If you want to stop recording, press STOP.
If the DVD+RW or DVD+R is new, it will take about three minutes to stop.
1. During normal recording, press the REC/OTR button, the recorder will automatically stop in
2. The recording time will extend for another 30 minutes with each press.
The length of recording time is determined by disc capacity and record quality.
With your setting, if it will exceed the capacity of the disc, OTR will be canceled,
and switched to normal record.
3. If you want to stop recording, press the STOP button.
HOW TO SWITCH TO PLAYBACK MODE
When the recording have finished, you can press the PLAY button to switch to normal playback mode.
1. During stop status, press the SETUP button to access the Setup Menu.
2. Use RIGHT/LEFT to highlight the CLOCK icon as the
3. With Date (mm/dd/yy) highlighted, press the SELECT
button, and input the local date by numbers, press the
SELECT button again.
4. With Time (hh:mm:ss) highlighted, press the SELECT
button, and input the local time of numbers, press the SELECT button again.
If you want to cancel, press the RETURN button.
PS/IS SCAN MUTE
DVD + ReWritable
SYSTEM SETUP - CLOCK
0 1 / 0 1 / 0 0
1 4 / 2 9 / 5 2
THE REMOTE CONTROLLER
1. Push downward and outward the leaf spring
to remove the battery compartment cover.
2. Insert two size AA batteries according to the
"+" and "-" markings.
3. Make sure the batteries have been properly
installed, then close the battery compartment cover.
Do not mix different types together, or old
batteries with new batteries.
While the remote controller will not be used for
an extended period of time, remove the batteries to
prevent possible corrosion.
To prevent corrosion resulting in damage,
remove exhausted batteries immediately. Where
the remote controller doesn't appear to operate
normally, replace both of the batteries.
Typical life for the batteries provided with this
product is about 6 months. The life expectance may
vary according to the use status.
Use of the remote controller
Point the remote controller toward the remote
sensor on your DVD home theater center. Upon
receipt of the signal from the remote controller, the
equipment will operate accordingly.
The description in this Manual is based on the
buttons on the equipment. You may use the
counterparts on the remote controller to do the same.
Do not place this equipment in a place exposed
to direct sunlight or strong light source like inverting
fluorescent light, or else it may interfere with correct
operation of the remote controller.
When other similar remote controller is used in
the same room, or when this product is used near
other equipment using infrared ray, interference with
the operation of this remote controller may occur.
Do not place any object on the remote controller,
or else it may cause unintentional depression of the
buttons and waste the batteries unnecessarily.
The front of the chassis should not be glazed
with color glass, or else it may cause interference
with normal operation of the remote controller.
Any barrier between the remote controller and
remote sensor will inactivate any operation of the
The operating range between the remote
controller and the equipment shall be no more than
5 meters (16 inches). When the operating range
becomes shorter, replace the batteries with new