Screw hole on the ~
• Rope or chain (strong enough to support the
weight of the TV). Make sure that there is no
excess slack in the rope or chain.
An alternative way to secure the TV is with an
optional Sony Support Belt Kit.
Contact Sony Customer Support to obtain the optional
Support Belt Kit by providing your TV model name.
• For United States call: 1-800-488-7669 or visit:
• For Canada call:
Anchor the TV to the Wall
Use the hardware listed below (not supplied):
x 12-18 mm anchor bolts (screw into
the top-most wall-mount holes located on the
rear of the TV)
• Rope or chain (attach to one M6 anchor bolt)
• Wall-anchor (attach to the wall stud) strong
enough to support the weight of the TV (pass
the rope through the wall-anchor, then attach
to the other M6 anchor bolt)
Securing the TV
Sony strongly recommends taking
measures to prevent the TV from toppling
over. Unsecured TVs may topple and
result in property damage, serious bodily
injury or even death.
Prevent the TV from Toppling Over
Secure the TV to a wall and/or stand.
Do not allow children to play or climb on
furniture and TV sets.
Avoid placing or hanging items on the TV.
Never install the TV on:
• slippery, unstable and/or uneven surfaces.
• furniture that can easily be used as steps,
such as a chest of drawers.
Install the TV where it cannot be pulled,
pushed, or knocked over.
Route all AC power cords and connecting
cables so that they are not accessible to
Use a Sony TV Stand
Use a Sony specified TV stand (see page 2) and
follow the instruction manual provided with the
Sony TV stand.
If a Sony specified TV stand is not used, consider
the following recommended measures.
Recommended Measures to Secure the TV
Secure the Stand for the TV
Make sure the TV stand can adequately support
the weight of the TV. Use two angle braces (not
supplied) to secure the stand.
For each angle brace use the appropriate hardware
• attach one side of the angle brace to the wall stud.
• attach the other side to the TV stand.
Secure the TV to the Stand
Use the optional hardware listed below (not
• M6 x 12-18 mm anchor bolt (screwed into the
TV's Table-Top Stand)
• A screw or similar (attach it to the TV stand)
• Securing the TV to the stand without securing it and
the stand to the wall provides minimum protection
against the TV toppling over. For further protection,
follow all three measures recommended above.