IGNITION COIL PRIMARY PEAK VOLTAGE
• Remove the fuel tank.
• Disconnect the two spark plug caps.
• Connect new two spark plugs to each spark plug cap and
Be sure that all couplers and spark plugs are connected properly
and the battery is in fully-charged condition.
Inspect the No.1 ignition coil primary peak voltage in the follow-
• Connect the tester with peak voltage adaptor as follow.
No.1 ignition coil: White terminal – Ground
Do not disconnect the ignition coil primary wire.
( 09900-25008: Multi circuit tester set
When using the multi circuit tester and peak volt adap-
tor, follow the instruction manual.
• Shift the transmission into the neutral.
• Turn the ignition switch to the "ON" position.
• Squeeze the clutch lever.
• Crank the engine a few seconds with starter motor by
depressing starter button and then check the ignition coil pri-
mary peak voltage.
• Repeat the above inspection a few times and measure the
highest ignition coil primary peak voltage.
) Tester knob indication: Voltage (*)
+ Ignition coil primary peak voltage: More than 100 V
Do not touch the tester probes and spark plugs to pre-
vent an electric shock while testing.
Peak volt adaptor
W or B/Y
New spark plug