Inspect the reservoir tank cap and diaphragm for damage.
REASSEMBLY AND REMOUNTING
Reassemble the master cylinder in the reverse order of removal
and disassembly. Pay attention to the following points:
* Wash the master cylinder components with fresh
brake fluid before reassembly. Never use cleaning
solvent or gasoline to wash them.
* Do not wipe the components with a rag.
* Apply brake fluid to the cylinder bore and all the
component to be inserted into the bore.
% Specification and Classification: DOT 4
• Apply brake fluid to the piston and cups.
• Install the following parts to the master cylinder.
1 Snap ring
2 Piston/cup set
3 Return spring
• When remounting the brake master cylinder onto the handle-
bars, align the master cylinder holder's mating surface A with
punch mark B on the handlebars and tighten the upper clamp
bolt first as shown.
& Front brake master cylinder mounting bolt:
10 N·m (1.0 kgf-m, 7.0 lb-ft)