2. Remove each filter by pulling the spring release handle, and
then pulling down the filter.
A. Spring release handle
3. Wash metal filters as needed in dishwasher or hot detergent
4. Reinstall the filter by making sure the spring release handles
are toward the front. Insert aluminum filter into upper track.
5. Push in spring release handle.
6. Push up on metal filter, and then release handle to latch into
7. Repeat steps 1-5 for the other filter.
8. Close the stainless steel panel. Engage the (2) pins in the
spring catches to secure.
Non-Vented (Recirculating) Installation Filters
The charcoal filter is not washable. It should last up to 6 months
with normal use. Replace with Charcoal Filter Kit. See the
"Accessories" section for information on ordering.
To Replace Charcoal Filter:
1. Remove metal grease filter from range hood. See "Metal
Grease Filter" in this section.
2. Bend spring clips away from metal grease filter.
3. Place charcoal filter into top side of metal filter.
4. Bend spring clips back into place to secure the charcoal filter
to the metal filter.
5. Replace metal grease filter. See "Metal Grease Filter" in this
Replacing a Halogen Lamp (Ambient Lighting)
Turn off the range hood and allow the halogen lamp to cool. To
avoid damage or decreasing the life of the new lamp, do not
touch lamp with bare fingers. Replace lamp, using tissue or
wearing cotton gloves to handle lamp.
If new lights do not operate, make sure the lamps are inserted
correctly before calling service.
1. Disconnect power.
2. Use a flat-blade screwdriver and gently pry the light cover
3. Remove the lamp and replace with a 120-volt, 40-watt
maximum, halogen lamp made for a G-9 base.
4. Replace the light cover.
5. Reconnect power.
Replacing a LED Lamp
The LED lights are replaceable by a service technician only. See
"Assistance and Service" section for service contact information.