If you have any questions after reviewing this information, please contact your local Keithley representative or call one of our
Applications Engineers at 1-800-KEITHLEY (U.S. and Canada only).
The Model 7711/7712 is a single-pole dual 1 × 4 RF Multiplexer module (8 channels, no measurement capability). The 1 × 4
multiplex is a cascading tree design — one of the channels of each bank is always connected to a common out. The 1 × 4
multiplex is also referred to as a single-pole 4-throw (SP4T) switch. Refer to the simpliﬁed schematic in
speciﬁcations. The multiplex switching can be used to connect one instrument to multiple devices (1:N) or multiple
instruments to a single device (N:1). This card expands the Integra Series' general purpose AC switching capability by
providing an RF switching capability above 1MHz. Each card has the following features:
• 10 SMA connectors with 50 Ω impedance
• Frequencies (refer to speciﬁcations)
Model 7711 — up to 2 GHz
Model 7712 — up to 3.5 GHz
• Two channels can be closed at one time—one channel to OUT A (channels 1–4) and one to OUT B (channels 5–8)
• Designed speciﬁcally for use with the Integra Series including Keithley's Models 2700, 2701 and 2750 Multimeter
/ Data Acquisition Systems
All references to the Model 27xx apply to the Models 2700, 2701, and 2750.
With this in mind, the capability of the Model 27xx is expanded for applications such as the following:
• General AC and digital signal routing to and from test equipment. This includes oscilloscopes, function generators,
pulse generators, counter/timers, and signal analysis tools including network and jitter analyzers. Also, this includes
diverse applications that require RF and digital routing plus DC measurements for research, development, burn-in
and production testing, AC ripple and noise test for switching power supplies, and DC-DC converters.
• Research, development, and burn-in of temperature compensated oscillators.
• Research, development, and production test of communications or networking products including Ethernet, DSL,
DS3, T1/E1, etc.
Before operating the Model 27xx with an accessory card, verify that the card is properly
installed and the mounting screws are tightly fastened. If the mounting screws are not
properly connected, an electrical shock hazard may be present.
Model 7711 only
Male SMA to Female BNC, ﬁve 0.15m (0.5ft) cables
(Insertion loss < 1dB@1GHz, VSWR < 1.5@ 1GHz)
BNC cable, male to male, 0.6m (2ft.)
BNC cable, male to male, 1.5m (5ft.)
BNC cable, male to male, 3.0m (10ft.)