All service information is intended only for qualiﬁed service personnel. Do not attempt
to service the Model 7711/7712 unless you are qualiﬁed to do so.
The following tests are used to verify the RF characteristics of the Model 7711/7712 card. S-parameters are obtained by
measuring VSWR and insertion loss among the common output and channel. The following equipment is recommended for
the tests in this section:
1. Agilent HP 8753ES Network Analyzer (6GHz) with options 6 and 10.
2. 50Ω 3.5MM test port cables (1m cables).
3. Agilent HP 85033D, 3.5mm Calibration Kit.
4. Phase matched 3.5mm female-female thru-adapter.
1. Turn on the network analyzer and the mainframe with the Model 7711/7712 installed. Allow the analyzer to warm-up for
at least 1 hour.
2. Calibrate the network analyzer from 100MHz to 3.5GHz using the appropriate calibration kit. The calibration routine
should include a load, short, open, and pass-through procedure. Use SMA style connectors in the calibration process.
1. Connect cables as shown in
2. Close channel 1.
3. Select S11 or S22 measurement on the analyzer.
4. Display VSWR graph on network analyzer.
5. Verify speciﬁcations.
For the Model 7711, verify at 100MHz, 500MHz, 1GHz, 1.5GHz, and 2GHz.
For the Model 7712, verify at 500MHz, 1GHz, 2.5GHz, and 3.5GHz.
Refer to the VSWR section of the Model 7711 or 7712 speciﬁcation values at the end of this User's Guide for acceptable
6. Repeat procedure for remaining channels. Change the network analyzer connection from OUT A to OUT B when verifying