Mount thermostat base
1. Drill holes at pencil-marked
locations (3/16" holes for
drywall, 7/32" holes for
2. Use hammer to tap anchors
into holes until flush with wall.
3. Pull wires through thermostat
base and insert screws.
Check level if desired, then
1. Match each labeled wire with same
letter on terminal.
2. Use a screwdriver to loosen screw
terminals, insert bare wires beneath
screws, then tighten screws.
3. Push any excess wire back into the
Labels don't match?
If labels do not match letters on
thermostat, see table below.
Existing wires Connect to:
R • RH • 4 • V
G • F
W • W1 • H
Y • Y1 • M
C • X • B
Do not use
Page 1 •
• 2-wire heat-only system: Connect one
wire to R terminal, one wire to W terminal.
If wires will be connected to both R and Rc
terminals, remove the metal jumper.
Do not connect both O and B if you have a
heat pump. Connect only the O wire. Wrap B
wire with electrical tape and do not use.
Do not use C, X or B. Wrap bare end of wire
with electrical tape.
Page 6 •