Notes on using your camera
Types of memory card you can use with
• The memory cards that you can use with this
camera are "Memory Stick PRO Duo" media,
"Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo" media, SD
memory cards and SDHC memory cards. You
cannot use a MultiMediaCard.
• Memory cards of up to 32 GB have been
confirmed to operate correctly with this camera.
• "Memory Stick PRO Duo" media and "Memory
Stick PRO-HG Duo" are collectively called
"Memory Stick PRO Duo" media in this
• For recording movies, it is recommended that
you use "Memory Stick PRO Duo" media of
1 GB or larger marked with:
PRO Duo" media)
PRO-HG Duo" media)
* Marked with Mark2 or not, either can be used.
• See page 41 for the recordable time of
"Memory Stick PRO Duo" media.
"Memory Stick PRO Duo"/"Memory Stick
PRO-HG Duo" media
When using "Memory Stick PRO Duo"
media with the standard size "Memory
Stick" media compatible slot
Be sure to insert the "Memory Stick PRO
Duo" media into the "Memory Stick Duo"
"Memory Stick Duo" media adaptor
Notes on the battery
• Charge the battery before using the camera for
the first time.
• The battery can be charged even if it is not
completely discharged. Also, even if the battery
* ("Memory Stick
is not fully charged, you can use the partially
charged capacity of the battery as is.
• If you do not intend to use the camera for a long
time, use up the existing charge and store the
camera in a cool, dry place. This is to maintain
the battery functions.
• For details on the battery, see page 68.
No compensation for contents of the
• The contents of the recording cannot be
compensated for if recording or playback is not
possible due to a malfunction of your camera or
recording media, etc.
Internal memory and memory card back
• Do not turn off the camera or remove the
memory card while the access lamp is lit, or the
internal memory data or the memory card data
may be destroyed. Always protect your data by
making a back up copy.
About changing the language setting
• The on-screen displays in each local language
are used for illustrating the operating
procedures. Change the screen language before
using your camera if necessary (page 22).
Notes on recording/playback
• To ensure stable operation of the memory cards,
we recommend that you format the memory
card the first time you use it with this camera.
However, if you format the memory card, all the
data on the memory card will be deleted and you
cannot restore that data. So, be sure to store your
important data on the computer before
formatting the memory card.
• This camera is neither dust-proof, nor splash-
proof, nor water-proof.
• Before you record one-time events, make a trial
recording to make sure that the camera is
• Be careful not to get the camera wet. Water
entering the inside of the camera may cause
malfunctions which in some cases may not be
• If you rotate the lens portion back when your
camera is connected to other devices with the
USB connection support cable, the recorded
images may be lost.