Download  Print this page

Kenmore 408.91200310 Use & Care Manual page 4

Ultra-slim ceramic heater
Hide thumbs

Advertisement

Use this heater only as described in this manual. Any other use not
recommended by the manufacturer may cause fire, electric shock, injury to
persons or other damage to property.
To prevent overload and blown fuses, be sure that no other appliance is
plugged into the same outlet (receptacle) or into another outlet (receptacle)
wired into the same circuit.
This appliance is equipped with a polarized plug: one blade is wider than
the other. The plug will fit into a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug
does not at first fit in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit,
contact a qualified electrician to install a polarized outlet. Do not change
the plug in any way.
WARNING: TO PREVENT ELECTRICAL SHOCK, MATCH WIDE BLADE OF
PLUG TO WIDE SLOT OF OUTLET, AND FULLY INSERT.
It is normal for the heater's plug and cord to feel warm to the touch. A plug
or cord which becomes hot to the touch or becomes distorted in shape may
be a result of a worn electrical outlet. Worn outlets or receptacles should
be replaced prior to further use of the heater. Plugging heater into a worn
outlet/ receptacle may result in overheating of the power cord or fire.
Ensure the heater is on a stable, secure surface to eliminate the potential of
tipping it over.
We do not recommend use of an extension cord as it may overheat and
cause a risk of fire. However, if you have to use an extension cord, the
cord should be No.14 AWG minimum size and rated not less than 1875
watts, and has to be used only for supplying power to this heater. The cord
should be as short as possible (long cords coiled up can overheat, as well
as cause tripping accidents) and not used to supply power with more than
one appliance at a time.
Be sure that the plug is fully inserted into appropriate receptacle. Please
remember that receptacles also deteriorate due to aging and continuous
use: check periodically for signs of overheating or deformations evidenced
by the plug. Should this occur, do not use the receptacle and CALL your
electrician.
Check that neither the appliance nor the power cable has been damaged
in any way during transportation.
Make sure that no pieces of polystyrene or other packaging material have
been left between one element of the appliance and another. It may be
necessary to pass over the appliance with a vacuum cleaner.
When switching on the appliance for the first time, you may notice a slight
odor which is normal with new electrical appliances. Allow odor to
dissipate by running appliance at full power for about ten minutes. Make
sure that the room in which the appliance is located is well ventilated
during this operation.
IMPORTANT SAFEGUARDS
4

Advertisement

loading

  Related Manuals for Kenmore 408.91200310