Operation Guide 5299
World Time digitally displays the current time in one of
48 cities (29 time zones) around the world. A simple
World Time City
operation swaps your Home City with the currently
selected World Time City.
• The times kept in the World Time Mode are
synchronized with the time being kept in the
Timekeeping Mode. If you feel that there is an error in
any World Time Mode time, check to make sure you
have the correct city selected as your Home City. Also
check to make sure that the current time as shown in
the Timekeeping Mode is correct.
• Times in the World Time Mode are based on UTC
offsets. See the "City Code Table" at the back of this
manual for information about the UTC offsets that are
• All of the operations in this section are performed in the World Time Mode, which
you enter by pressing C (page E-9).
To toggle a city code time between Standard Time and Daylight Saving Time
1. In the World Time Mode, press D to display the city
code (time zone) whose Standard Time/Daylight Saving
Time setting you want to change.
2. Hold down A for about two seconds to toggle between
Daylight Saving Time ( DST indicator displayed) and
Standard Time ( DST indicator not displayed).
• Holding down A will initially cause Hold to appear on
the screen. Keep A depressed until Hold disappears.
• The DST indicator is shown in the lower display while
Daylight Saving Time is turned on.
• You can turn on DST individually for each city code,
• Turning on DST for the city code that is currently
selected as your Home City will turn on DST for normal
When an alarm is turned on, the alarm tone will sound
when its alarm time is reached. One of the alarms is a
snooze alarm, while the other four are daily alarms.
You also can turn on an Hourly Time Signal that causes
the watch to beep twice every hour on the hour.
• The snooze alarm screen is indicated by
other alarm screens are numbered
The Hourly Time Signal screen is indicated by
• All of the operations in this section are performed in the
Alarm Mode, which you enter by pressing C (page
(Hour : Minutes)
4. While a setting is flashing, use D (+) and B (–) to change it.
5. Press A to exit the setting mode.
The alarm tone sounds at the preset time for 10 seconds, regardless of the mode the
watch is in. In the case of the snooze alarm, the alarm operation is performed a total
of seven times, every five minutes, or until you turn the alarm off (page E-47).
• Alarm and Hourly Time Signal operations are performed in accordance with the
current time in your Home City, as kept in the Timekeeping Mode.
• To stop the alarm tone after it starts to sound, press any button.
• Performing any one of the following operations during a 5-minute interval between
snooze alarms cancels the current snooze alarm operation.
Displaying the Timekeeping Mode setting screen (page E-11)
setting screen (page E-45)
To test the alarm
In the Alarm Mode, hold down D to sound the alarm.
To turn the Hourly Time Signal on and off
1. In the Alarm Mode, use D to select the Hourly Time
2. Press A to toggle it on and off.
• The Hourly Time Signal on indicator is shown on the
display in all modes while this function is turned on.
Hourly Time Signal
, while the
) (page E-45).
To view the current time in another time zone
In the World Time Mode, use D to scroll through available city codes (time zones).
Holding down the button scrolls at high speed.
• The lower display shows the current time in the World Time City.
• To select the UTC time zone (Differential 0), press B and D at the same time.
• When the city code (time zone) you want is selected, you can press A to display
the date. After about one second, the watch will resume regular timekeeping for the
currently selected city.
Hour : Minutes
Swapping your Home City and World Time City
You can use the procedure below to swap your Home City and World Time City. This
changes your Home City to your World Time City, and your World Time City to your
Home City. This capability can come in handy when you frequently travel between two
cities in different time zones.
To swap your Home City and World Time City
1. In the World Time Mode, use D to select the World Time City you want.
2. Press A and B at the same time until the watch beeps.
• This will make the World Time City you selected in step 1 your Home City, and cause
the hour and minute hands to move to the current time in that city. At the same time,
it will change the Home City you had selected prior to step 2 your World Time City,
and cause the content of lower display to change accordingly.
• After swapping the Home City and World Time City, the watch stays in the World
Time Mode with the city that was selected as the Home City prior to step 2 now
displayed as the World Time City.
To set an alarm time
1. In the Alarm Mode, use D to scroll through the alarm
screens until the one whose time you want to set is
• To set an alarm time, display the applicable alarm
is the hourly time signal setting (page E-48).
• The snooze alarm operation repeats every five
2. After you select an alarm, hold down A for about two seconds until the hour setting
of the alarm time starts to flash. This is the setting mode.
• Holding down A will initially cause Hold to appear on the screen. Keep A
depressed until Hold disappears.
• This operation turns on the alarm automatically.
3. Press C to move the flashing between the hour and minute settings.
To turn an alarm on and off
1. In the Alarm Mode, use D to select an alarm.
Snooze alarm indicator
2. Press A to toggle it on and off.
• Turning on an alarm (
displays the alarm on indicator on its Alarm Mode
• In all modes, the alarm on indicator is shown for any
alarm that currently is turned on.
• The alarm on indicator flashes while the alarm is
• The snooze alarm indicator flashes while the snooze
alarm is sounding and during the 5-minute intervals
Alarm on indicator
An LED (light-emitting diode) illuminates the face of the
watch for easy reading in the dark. The watch's auto light
switch turns on illumination automatically when you angle
the watch towards your face.
• The auto light switch must be turned on (indicated by
the auto light switch indicator) for it to operate.
• See "Illumination Precautions" (page E-59) for other
important information about using illumination.
To illuminate the display manually
In any mode, press B to turn on illumination.
Auto light switch
• The above operation turns on illumination regardless of
the current auto light switch setting.
• You can use the procedure below to select either 1.5
seconds or 3 seconds as the illumination duration. When
you press B, the illumination will remain on for about
1.5 seconds or 3 seconds, depending on the current
illumination duration setting.