SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS cont.
ADDITIONAL RULES FOR SAFE OPERATION cont.
8. SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS. Refer to them frequently and use them to
instruct others who may use this tool. If someone borrows this tool, make
sure they have these instructions also.
This power tool should NEVER be connected to the power
source when you are assembling parts, making adjustments, installing or
removing sandpaper, cleaning or when it is not in use. Disconnecting the sander
will prevent accidental starting, which could cause serious personal injury.
1. Remove the sander from the storage / carry case and inspect it carefully to make sure
that no breakage or damage has occurred during shipping.
2. Do not discard any of the packing materials until all parts are accounted for.
3. Included with your sander is a dust bag assembly, with vac adapter.
4. 2 sheets of sandpaper are included; one fine grit, and one medium grit.
5. Also included is a paper punch template.
6. If any of the parts are damaged or missing (refer to PARTS LIST below), return the
sander to your nearest Sears store or Craftsman outlet to have the sander replaced.
If any parts are missing, DO NOT operate this power tool until
the missing parts are replaced. Failure to do so could result in possible serious
PARTS LIST (Fig. 1)
2. Dust Bag Assembly
3. Vac Adapter
KNOW YOUR FINISHING SANDER (Fig. 2)
NOTE: Before attempting to use your sander, familiarize yourself with all of the
operating features and safety requirements.
Your Professional 1/4-sheet finishing sander has a precision-built electric motor and it should
be connected to a 120-volt, 60-Hz AC ONLY power supply (normal household current).
DO NOT operate on direct current (DC). The large voltage drop will cause a loss of power
and the motor will overheat. If the sander does not operate when plugged into correct
120-volt, 60-Hz AC ONLY outlet, check the power supply. This sander has a 10-ft., 2-wire
power cord (no adapter needed).
This Finishing Sander has the following features:
1. Powerful 2.4 amp permanent magnet motor provides the torque, power and durability
for a variety of continuous sanding applications.
2. 14,000 Orbits per minute (no load speed). Match correct sandpaper grit for the
surface being sanded for either fast material removal or a fine, smooth finish.
3. Random orbital action with 1/16-in. orbit diameter helps to provide a swirl free finish
4. Ergonomically designed Palm Grip Handle with Molded-in Comfort Grip for
maximum balance, control, gripping comfort and reduced operator fatigue.
5. Precision-tuned counterbalanced system reduces vibration for smooth operation
and less operator fatigue.
6. On/Off rocker is conveniently located for easy control. Sealed to keep out
dust for long life.
7. Heavy Duty Wire Form Sandpaper Clamps provides secure paper retention and
quick paper changes.
8. The Cushion located on the bottom of the sander accepts both standard non-adhesive
sandpaper and pressure sensitive adhesive-backed paper.
9. Uses 1/4-sheet sandpaper to provide a 16-sq. in. sanding surface. 2 sandpaper
sheets included (Fine and Med. grit).
10. Paper Punch Template for accurately making holes in sandpaper for dust collection
11. Built-in Dust Collection System. Dust bag assembly with dual dust ports collects
dust from work surface through holes in platen, cushion and sanding sheets. Use
either the dust bag, or attach a 1
separately) for dust collection. Helps keep work surface and area clean and extends
life of sanding sheets.
12. High impact-resistant housing helps protect tool from damage and reduces weight.
13. Permanently lubricated 100% ball bearings for smooth operation and long life.
14. Storage / Carrying Case for easy carrying and storage of sander and accessories.
4. Two Sanding Sheets
5. Paper Punch Template
6. Storage / Carry Case
7. Operator's Manual
-inch vac hose and wet / dry vac (sold