LISTENING TO TAPES
1. Press the FUNCTION button to select "TAPE" function.
2. Pull the OPEN A portion to open the cassette button cover.
3. Press the N / Q button to open the cassette holder.
4. Load the cassette (Fig. 10). After loading the cassette, push the
cassette holder back into position.
5. Press the A button to begin play.
6. Press the N / Q button to stop play at any time. Press it again to
remove the cassette.
When the end of the tape has been reached, automatic stop will be
Use the normal tape (TYPE 1).
Endless tapes cannot be used.
Do not use C-100 (or longer) tapes. They may jam in the
Press the K button to temporarily stop playback or recording. Press it
again to resume operation.
Fast forward and rewind
Press the C or D button. When the desired location has been
reached, press the N / Q button.
Automatic stop system
At the end of the tape while recording or playing back, the cassette deck
stops automatically and the buttons are released.
This system does not work in fast forward and rewind operation. Be sure
to press the N / Q button when the end of the tape has been reached.
Example (When using C-60 tape):
Press the N / Q button after approximately 2 minutes have elapsed under
fast forward and rewind operation.
LISTENING TO THE RADIO
1. Press the FUNCTION button to select "TUNER" function.
2. Press the TUN/BAND button to select FM or AM. The radio
frequency appears on the display.
3. Automatic tuning
Press the f or e button for at least 1 second to tune in a
station. The unit will scan down or up the band and receive the next
receivable station. Press the button again to continue.
Press the f or e button brieﬂ y until the desired frequency is
To preset stations
Up to 30 stations for FM band, 10 stations for AM band can be preset.
1. Tune in the station to be preset as described above.
2. Press the PROGRAM/CLOCK button. The preset channel number
blinks on the display.
3. Press the FOLDER/CHANNEL + or - button to select a channel be
4. Press the PROGRAM/CLOCK button
In this example, "89.80 MHz" FM station is preset on FM
5. Repeat steps above to add more preset stations.
When presetting a new station, the previous preset station is cleared.
Listening to preset stations
1. Press the TUN/BAND button to select FM or AM.
2. Press the FOLDER/CHANNEL + or - button to select the desired
The number buttons on the remote control can also be used.
To receive FM stereo broadcasts (Remote control
" appears when an FM stereo broadcast is received. If not, press
the FM MODE button to turn the "
If the signal from an FM stereo station is weak and reception is poor,
press the FM MODE button to change to the monaural mode. The
reception may be improved, but the sound will be monaural.
" indication on.