Thank you for purchasing this Sony Compact
Disc Player. You can enjoy your boating with the
• CD playback
You can play CD-DA (also containing CD
TEXT), CD-R/CD-RW (MP3/WMA/AAC files
(page 19)) and ATRAC CD (ATRAC3 and
ATRAC3plus format (page 20)).
Type of discs
Label on the disc
• Radio reception
- You can store up to 6 stations per band.
FM I, FM2, FM3, AM I and AM2
FMI, FM2, FM3, MW and LW
- BTM (Best Tuning Memory): The unit selects
strong signal stations and stores them.
• RDS services
- You can listen to FM stations with the Radio
Data System (RDS) in Europe.
• Sound adjustment
- EQ3 stage2: You can choose anyone of 7
preset equalizer curves.
- DSO (Dynamic Soundstage Organizer):
Creates a more ambient sound field, using
virtual speaker synthesis, to enhance the
sound of speakers, even if they are installed
low in the door.
• Optional device operation
Various kinds of audio devices can be
- iPod: iPod connection can be made by the
dock connector cable on the rear of the unit.
- Portable audio device: An AUX IN jack
on the rear of the unit allows connection of a
portable audio device (analog connection).
- CD/MD changers:
CDIMD changers can be
connected to the Sony BUS at the rear of the
About water resistancy
This unit is designed for use in a marine
environment. To protect the unit from water spray,
waves, rain, moisture, ultraviolet rays, etc., the unit
has undergone the following tests to ensure
reliability and functionality (Front panel only):
• Water resistant front panel - IPx5 certified
• Salt fog resistant - Tested under ASTM B 117
• Conformal coated circuit board
• UV resistant - Tested under ASTM G154
• Be sure to close the front panel to maintain water
resistant performance, except when inserting/
• Do not allow water to contact the unit except the
• Do not use this unit in the following places:
- places where the unit may be subject to high water
pressure, hot springs or bathtubs, etc.