Table 4 Repair Parts Required for Printed Circuit Board Replacement
Gasket (Required for Final Assembly of
Gasket Lubricant (Required for Final
Assembly of Amplifier-Loudspeaker)
1. Perform procedure titled Initial Disassembly on page 5.
In step 2, do not discard any of the wires after they are
disconnected. All wires are reused.
2.Refer to Table 5 and Figure 4 on page 8. Using a soldering iron,
disconnect the following 11 wires at PCB .
1. The six 9-foot cable wires (bare, black, white/black, blue, red,
white) from TP1 through TP6
2. The three Volume potentiometer leads (blue, gray, white)
from TP7 through TP9
3. The two speaker wires (black Zipcord conductors) from TP10
3. Refer to Figure 5 on page 9. Remove the four M3x0.5 machine
screws that attach PCB to inside of rear housing. Save screws for
use in step 6.
4. Carefully lift PCB straight up and out of rear housing.
5. Apply a thin layer of thermal compound, Motorola part no.
1110022A55, to shaded area shown in Figure 5.
6. Mount new PCB to inside of rear housing using the four M3x0.5
machine screws removed in step 3. Torque screws to 7.5 inch
pounds (0.848 Newton meter).
7. Refer to Table 5 and Figure 4 on page 8. Using a soldering iron,
reconnect the 11 wires to the new PCB .
8. Perform procedure titled Final Reassembly on page 15.
Table 5 Printed Circuit Board Connections