1. Before installing the battery, make sure it's fully charged and clean.
2. Slide the battery into position in the battery tray with the positive (+) terminal to the rear of the motorcycle.
NOTICE: Connecting the battery cables to the wrong terminals can severely damage the electrical system.
3. Connect the positive (+) battery cables, tighten securely and install the red boot.
4. Connect the negative (-) cables and tighten securely. Be sure cables have adequate side cover clearance.
5. Reinstall the battery cover.
6. Reinstall the left side cover.