Fill in and Retain
This HOOVER deep cleaner is
designed for deep cleaning carpet,
rugs, carpeted stairs and upholstery.
The model and serial numbers are
located on the data label on the back
of the handle.
For your personal records, please
enter the COMPLETE model and serial
numbers in the spaces provided and
retain this information.
Your deep cleaner is model
and has serial number
It is suggested that you attach your
sales receipt to this owner s manual.
Verification of date of purchase may
be required for warranty service of
your Hoover product.
I m p o rtant Safeguard s !
When using an electrical appliance, always follow basic
precaution, including the following:
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING APPLI-
• Use indoors only.
• Use only on surfaces moistened by the cleaning process or small spills. Do
not immerse product.
• Connect to a properly grounded outlet only. See "Grounding Instructions".
• Do not clean over floor electrical outlets.
• Do not use without tanks in place.
• Use extra care when cleaning on stairs. Do not place deep cleaner on stairs.
• Use deep cleaner only for its intended use as described in the instructions.
• Use only attachments recommended by The Hoover Company; others may
• The use of an extension cord Is not recommended. If an extension cord is
absolutely necessary, use at least a 16 gauge 3-wire cord which has a 3-prong
grounding type plug and a 3-pole receptacle that accepts the machine plug.
• Unplug deep cleaner when not in use. Turn off all controls before unplugging.
• Unplug before connecting the powered hand tool.
• A lw ays disconnect cord from electrical outlet before servicing the deep cl e a n e r.
• Do not unplug by pulling on cord. To unplug, grasp the plug, not the cord.
• Never handle plug or appliance with wet hands.
• Do not pull or carry by cord, use cord as a handle, close door on cord or pull
cord around sharp edges or corners. Do not run appliance over cord. Keep
cord away from heated surfaces.
• Do not use with damaged cord or plug. If appliance Is not working as it should,
has been dropped, damaged, left outdoors, or dropped Into water, take it to a
Hoover Factory Service Center or Authorized Hoover Warranty Service Dealer.
• Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near
children. Do not allow deep cleaner to be used as a toy or to run unattended at
• Do not point tools toward people or pets.
• Use only commercially available floor cleaners Intended for machine
application. Do not use any type of wax with deep cleaner.
• To assist In reducing drying time, be certain the area Is well ventilated when
using detergents and other cleaners with this machine.
• Keep detergents and other cleaners out of children's reach.
• Do not use to pick up flammable or combustible liquids such as gasoline or
use In areas where they may be present.
• Do not pick up chlorine bleach, drain cleaner, gasoline or any other toxic
material with this appliance .
• Do not pick up anything that is burning or smoking, such as cigarettes,
matches, or hot ashes.
• Avoid picking up hard, sharp objects with the deep cleaner. They may damage
• Keep hair, loose clothing, fingers, feet and all parts of body away from
openIngs and moving parts.
• Do not put any object Into openings. Do not use with any opening blocked;
keep free of dust, lint, hair, and anything that may reduce air flow.
• To help prevent matting and resoiling, avoid contact with carpets until they are
dry. Keep children and pets away from carpets until they are completely dry.
• Store in a dry place. Do not expose machine to freezing temperatures.
Save these instru c t i o n s !
To reduce the risk of fire, electric
shock, or injury:
© 1993,1996,1997 The Hoover Company
w w w. h o o v e r. c o m