to bring your computer out of Hibernation than out of
If you plan to be away from your computer, place your com-
puter in Standby mode.
In Standby mode the MW810 Mobile Workstation switches
to a low-power mode where devices use less power.
The CPU can initiate the standby manually or automatically
after a period of inactivity. Inactivity means not making any
entry on your computer during a pre-defined time period. In
the Standby mode the memory is saved, while internal com-
ponents are turned off.
In Standby mode, the display LED indications and screen illu-
mination, function as follows:
• Screen backlight - turns Off
• Yellow Mode LED - dimmed
• Emergency button illumination - dimmed
• Function Keys illumination - turns Off
• Label illumination - turns Off
Entering Standby Manually
Manual methods to enter Standby mode are one of the fol-
• Select Standby in the Shutdown Window of the OS.
Note that the default setting of the OS does not enable
Standby using the power button.
• Press the Power button on the display or CPU Box (if con-
• Turn the ignition switch off (configuration option)
When the CPU is in Standby, it suspends all connected USB
devices. USB device such as keyboard, can be configured to
wake up the CPU from Standby mode.
Wake Up from Standby
The MW810 Mobile Workstation wakes upon occurrence of
one of following events: