View Mobile Data Usage
1. Touch the Data usage cycle drop-down menu and
select a time period.
A chart displays the total mobile data usage during that
time period, followed by a breakdown of data usage by
2. Set data usage limits:
• Touch and drag the red limit bar to set the maximum data
limit. When data usage reaches this limit, mobile data will
Warning! When disabled, you will not be able to use the Internet,
sync email, or use any app that requres a data
connection unless you are connected to a Wi-Fi
• Touch and drag the yellow warning bar to set a warning level.
You will be notified when data usage reaches this level.
• Touch and drag the two white bars to adjust the time period
• Touch an application to view its data usage. Touch Restrict
background data to force the application to sync background
data only when connected to a Wi-Fi network
Menu for options:
• Data roaming: Allow your phone to use mobile data when
roaming. Additional charges may apply. See your service plan
• Restrict background data: Prevent the phone from
connecting to the mobile data network in the background for
synchronization or other services.
• Auto sync data: Synchronize with accounts automatically, at
• Show Wi-Fi usage: Display data usage while connected to
• Mobile hotspots: Select Wi-Fi networks that are mobile
hotspots. You can restrict apps from using these networks, and
you can configure apps to warn you before using these
networks for large downloads.