Use the Screen Mirroring feature to share media files on your
phone with an HDMI device, such as an HDMI TV.
Note: This feature requires an optional AllShare Cast dongle
accessory (not included).
1. Connect the AllShare Cast dongle to the HDMI device
using an HDMI A-to-A cable.
2. From the Home screen, touch
3. Touch Screen Mirroring. Your phone will scan for
4. Touch a device, and follow the on-screen prompts.
Help for more information.
Connect to a Computer
Connect your device to a computer to transfer data between
your device and the computer. Use the USB cable that comes
with your device, or use one of the pre-loaded apps on your
device to connect wirelessly.
Connect your device to a computer, via USB cable, to transfer
data as a Media device using MTP (Media Transfer Protocol),
or as a Camera using PTP (Photo Transfer Protocol).
1. Attach your device to the computer with a USB data
cable. Your device recognizes the connection as the
last connection method you used, and displays a
connection alert in the Status bar and Notifications.
2. From the Home screen, sweep your finger downward
to display Notifications, then touch the alert.
3. Select a connection method:
• Media device (MTP): Transfer media files with
Windows, or using Android file transfer on a Mac
• Camera (PTP): Transfer photos using camera software, and
transfer files to computers that do not support MTP.