3. A menu will appear stating "Your computer originally
included a Product Recovery program...Reinstall the
Product Recovery Program? (Y/N)".
Note: If the hard-disk drive contains any partitions,
4. Enter "Y" and the Service Partition will be created
and loaded with D2D files.
Note: If you do not want to create the Service
5. Press Enter at the next window to continue.
The Service Partition is created. The system
automatically reboots during this process.
The recovery process copies some files to the Service
Partition and, PKUNZIPs others.
Follow the prompts-you may be prompted to change
The system reboots when the process is complete.
Continue to step 6 to install the preloaded system.
Install the preloaded system from the CD.
6. Boot with the Recovery CD (and the boot diskette if
7. If the hard disk drive is blank, a menu will appear
stating "Your computer originally included a Product
Recovery program...Reinstall the Product Recovery
To install the Service Partition, go to step 4.
To preload the hard disk drive without installing the
Service Partition, press "N".
8. If a menu appears asking which operating system to
install, highlight the proper operating system and
9. A menu will appear stating "Full Recovery:". Press
"ENTER" to select.
10. Enter "Y" at the three windows which follow.
11. Follow the prompts to complete Recovery.
To create a recovery repair diskette
The Recovery Repair diskette is used to recover the
prompt that is needed to access the Product Recovery
program, if the prompt does not appear. Make a Recovery
Repair diskette and save it for future use. To make a
Recovery Repair diskette:
1. Shut down and restart the computer.
2. Attach the external diskette drive to the computer.
ThinkPad s30, s31
you will not receive this menu-go to step 1.
Partition, press "N", and then go to step 8.