Enabling DMA for Windows XP
To change the DMA parameter setting from the Windows XP desktop, do the following:
1. Click Start.
2. Click Control Panel.
3. Click Switch to classic view.
4. Double-click System.
5. Click the Hardware tab.
6. Click the Device Manager button.
7. Click the IDE ATA/ATAPI controller to expand the tree.
8. Double-click on the controller where your Multi-Burner Plus is located (Primary IDE or Secondary
9. Click the Advanced Settings tab.
10. Select the appropriate Transfer Mode pull-down that corresponds to the Multi-Burner location,
(Device 0 for Master, Device 1 for Slave).
11. Select DMA if it is available.
12. Click OK.
Enabling digital audio extraction
Your system must be properly configured to play back digital audio from this drive. There are two
setting that must be configured. One setting is in the device properties, and a second setting is in
Windows Media Player.
To set the device properties, perform the following procedure:
1. Right click on My Computer, and select Properties.
IBM Multi-Burner Plus User's Guide