4. Screw the legs into the leg holes by hand. Use a wrench to
finish turning the legs until the diamond marking is no longer
5. Place a carton corner post from dryer packaging under each
of the 2 dryer back corners. Stand the dryer up. Slide the
dryer on the corner posts until it is close to its final location.
Leave enough room to connect the exhaust vent.
1. Using a 4" (10.2 cm) clamp, connect vent to exhaust outlet in
dryer. If connecting to existing vent, make sure the vent is
clean. The dryer vent must fit over the dryer exhaust outlet
and inside the exhaust hood. Check that the vent is secured
to exhaust hood with a 4" (10.2 cm) clamp.
2. Move dryer into its final location. Do not crush or kink vent.
3. (On gas models) Check that there are no kinks in the flexible
4. Once the exhaust vent connection is made, remove the
corner posts and cardboard.
Check the levelness of the dryer. Check levelness first
side to side, then front to back.
If the dryer is not level, prop up the dryer using a wood block.
Use a wrench to adjust the legs up or down and check again for
Reverse Door Swing
You can change your door swing from a right-side opening to a
left-side opening, if desired.
NOTE: For ease of installation, you may want to use 2 or more
people to remove and reattach the dryer door.
Remove the door
1. Place a towel or soft cloth on top of the dryer or work space
to protect the surface.
2. Open the dryer door. Remove the 5 screws that hold the door
hinge on the front panel of the dryer.
A. Dryer front panel
B. Dryer door
3. Remove the door.
4. Lay the dryer door on a flat, protected surface with the inside
door assembly facing up.
Remove the 5 screws to release the outer door assembly
from the inner door assembly, as indicated below. See
illustration. It is important that you remove only the
5 indicated screws.
5. Lift the inner door assembly off of the outer door assembly.
Set the outer door assembly aside.
Reverse the hinge
1. Place the inner door, screw head side up, on the work space.
2. Remove the 4 hinge screws that hold the hinge to the door
and remove hinge.
3. Move the large hole screw to the opposite side. Remove the
2 plug screws and plastic plugs, and insert them in the
original screw holes on the opposite side.
A. Hinge side screw
B. Locator pins on hinge
C. Top side screw
A. Hinge screws
B. Large hole screw
C. Plug screws and plastic plugs