ASSEMBLY / PRE-OPERATION
INSTALL AUGER CONTROL ROD (See Figs. 5 and 6)
1. Retrieve vinyl sleeve and spring from bag of parts and
retrieve the auger control rod from carton chute tray.
Slide straight rod end through the small hole in the
vinyl sleeve. Hook spring in hole in rod end.
2. Hook end of spring into control arm with loop opening
up as shown. (See Fig. 5)
3. With top end of rod positioned under right side of control
panel, push down on rod and insert end of rod into hole
in auger control bracket. Secure with retainer spring.
AUGER CONTROL ROD
INSTALL DISCHARGE CHUTE / CHUTE ROTATER
HEAD (See Fig. 7)
NOTE: The multi-wrench provided in your parts bag may
be used to install the chute rotater head.
1. Place discharge chute assembly on top of chute base
with discharge opening toward front of snow thrower.
2. Position chute rotater head over chute bracket. If nec es-
sary, rotate chute assembly to align square and pin on un-
der side of chute rotater head with holes in chute brack et.
3. With chute rotater head and chute bracket aligned,
po si tion chute rotater head on pin and threaded stud
of mounting bracket.
4. Install 3/8 washer and locknut on threaded stud and