ASSEMBLY / PRE-OPERATION
INSTALL DISCHARGE CHUTE / CHUTE ROTATER HEAD
(See Fig. 7)
NOTE: The multi-wrench provided in your parts bag may
be used to install the chute rotater head.
1. Place discharge chute assembly on top of chute base
with discharge opening toward front of snow thrower.
2. Position chute rotater head over chute bracket. If nec es -
sary, rotate chute assembly to align square and pin on un-
der side of chute rotater head with holes in chute brack et.
3. With chute rotater head and chute bracket aligned,
po si tion chute rotater head on pin and threaded stud
of mounting bracket.
4. Install 3/8 washer and locknut on threaded stud and
INSTALL CHUTE DEFLECTOR REMOTE CONTROL
(See Figs. 8 and 9)
1. Install remote cable bracket to discharge chute with
5/16-18 carriage bolt and 5/16-18 locknut as shown.
2. Install remote cable eyelet to chute deﬂ ector with
1/4-20 shoulder bolt, nylon friction washer and 1/4-20
locknut as shown. Tighten securely.
3. Install spring hooks between hex nuts on chute rotater
head and into hole in chute deﬂ ector as shown.
DE FLEC TOR
CHECK TIRE PRESSURE
The tires on your snow thrower were overinﬂ ated at the fac-
tory for shipping purposes. Correct and equal tire pres sure
is important for best snow throwing performance.
Reduce tire pressure to 14-17 PSI (19-24.5 N-m).
HOOK BE TWEEN