1. Never store unused material in spreader. Return
unused product to its original container.
2. Open and wash spreader thoroughly after each
use and dry completely in sun or heated area.
3. Oil the axle bearings, impeller shaft bearing in
4. Remove gear cover and wash gears thoroughly.
Oil all bearing areas and face of gear teeth. Re-
install gear cover.
5. Gear mesh should be checked on a regular basis
during high use periods. Clearance between the
axle gear and pinion gear should be minimal but not
tight. If adjustment is necessary, loosen axle collar
set screw and hold gears together. Slide axle collar
against the gear support and tighten axle collar set
screw. Spin drive wheel. Gears should run freely
6. Impeller surface should be cleaned periodically to
remove build-up of product. Build-up can cause the
spread pattern to change.
7. Tire pressure should be 20-25 PSI.
Oil Impeller Shaft
Bearing In Hopper