When the 1 (standby) indicator is flashing, count how many times it flashes
(interval time is three seconds).
Press 1 (power) on the TV to turn it off, disconnect the AC power cord, and contact Sony
Customer Support (information provided on the front cover) with how many times the
When the 1 (standby) indicator is not flashing, check the items in the table as
Also refer to "Troubleshooting" in the i-Manual. If the problem persists, contact Sony
Customer Support (information provided on the front cover).
There is no picture
(screen is dark) and no
Tiny black dots and/or
bright dots appear on the
Some programs cannot
The TV's power cannot
be turned on.
The TV turns off
automatically (the TV
enters standby mode).
• Check the antenna/cable connection.
• Connect the TV to the AC power, and press 1 (power) on
• If the 1 (standby) indicator lights up in red, press "/1 on
the remote control.
• The screen is composed of pixels. Tiny black dots and/or
bright dots (pixels) on the screen do not indicate a
• Check the antenna or dish.
• Check to see the (z) mark on the ENERGY SAVING
switch is pressed (KDL-65HX72x only).
• Check if the Sleep Timer, Timer, or Idle TV Standby is
• The Auto Shut-off setting may be set to On. If Auto
Shut-off is activated and TV receives no signal, the TV will
automatically enter standby mode in 15 minutes. Check
Auto Shut-off is activated under Eco feature of this TV.
(United States and Canada only)
• Check if Presence Sensor in Eco is activated. When no
viewer is detected in front of the TV for a preset time, the
picture automatically turns off, while leaving only the TV
sound on. Additionally, after 30 minutes in picture off mode,
the TV will switch to standby mode.