PrEParINg thE ESPrESSo machINE For uSE
Filling and rinsing the boilers
The boilers need to be filled and rinsed before the Espresso
Machine is used for the first time. The boilers will also need
to be filled when:
• the Espresso Machine is not used for a prolonged period
• the water tank runs dry during use (this can damage the
• multiple beverages are steamed without brewing espresso
or dispensing hot water
1. Slide the water tank left or right to expose the top,
and fill with fresh cold water to the max fill line.
NotE: Distilled water or highly mineralized water can damage
the Espresso Machine. Do not use either to brew espresso.
2. Insert the end of the electrical cord without prongs into
the cord receptacle in the back of the Espresso Machine.
3. Plug the other end of the cord into a grounded outlet.
4. Make certain the "
" dial is closed by rotating it clockwise
as far as possible.
5. Press the "
" button to turn the Espresso Machine
on. When the Espresso Machine is on, the Power-on (I)
Indicator will illuminate, the dual boilers will begin heating,
and the "
" and "
" buttons will operate.
6. Place a coffee cup underneath the brew head. Do not
attach the filter holder to the brew head.
7. Press the "
" button – it is not necessary to wait for the
boiler to heat. This activates the water pump and fills the
brewing boiler with water. After a few seconds, water will
flow from the brew head. When the cup is full, press the
" button again to stop the water pump. The brewing
boiler is now ready for use.
8. Place the frothing jug under the nozzle of the frothing arm.
9. Slowly open the "
" dial by turning it counterclockwise,
then press and hold the "
water pump and fills the frothing boiler with water. After
a few seconds, water will start flowing from the nozzle.
" button. This activates the
5/30/13 9:11 AM