Checking the blades
To achieve the best mowing results it is important
that the blades are undamaged and well-sharpened.
Check that the blades' attachment screws are tight.
Replacing or sharpening the blades
should be conducted by an authorised
The blades should be balanced after sharpening.
Damaged blades should be replaced when hitting
obstacles that result in a breakdown. Let the
servicing dealer judge whether the blade can be
repaired/ground or must be discarded.
The blades of the BioClip unit should
always be spaced as shown in the dia-
gram at 90º intervals. If not, the blades
may collide and cause damage to the
Replacing the break-pin (BioClip)
The blades are fitted with a break-pin to protect the
BioClip unit and its drive when colliding with
obstacles. A domed, spring friction washer is fitted to
each blade bolt. The washer must always be
replaced with a new washer if the blade bolt is
loosened. Otherwise the break-pin can break causing
the blades to collide.
Only use original spare parts. A set containing a
blade, break-pin and friction washer can be
purchased from your dealer.
1. Put the unit in the service position, see "Placing
in the service position".
2. Remove the blade (2A) by removing the blade
bolt with washer and friction washer (2B).
3. Remove the remains of the broken break-pin (3).
4. Make sure the contact surfaces (4) on the blade
and the blade mounting are free from metal.
Clean if necessary.
5. Fit one new break-pin (5) in the blade mounting.
6. Fit the blade (6), make sure it is fitted as
7. Fit a new friction washer (7) with the concave
face turned towards the blade.
8. Fit the blade bolt with washer (8). Tightening
torque 45-50 Nm (4,5-5 kpm)
Cutting unit (rear ejection)