Checking and adjustment of the
If the engine does not respond as it should when
the throttle lever is moved, or if it produces black
smoke or does not reach top speed, the throttle
wire may need adjusting.
1. Release the clamping screw (see arrow) and
push the throttle control to the choke position.
2. Pull the throttle wire's outer casing to the far
right and check that the choke is fully activated.
3. Tighten the clamping screw.
4. Pull the throttle control back to the full throttle
position and check that the choke is no longer
Replacement of the fuel filter
Replace the pipe fitted fuel filter every 100 running
hours (once per season) or more frequently if it is
Replace the filter as follows:
1. Raise the engine cover as described on page
2. Move the hose clips away from the filter. Use a
pair of flat pliers.
3. Pull off the filter from the hose ends.
4. Press in the new filter on the hose ends. If
necessary soap solution can be applied on the
filter ends to simplify fitting.
5. Push the hose clips back on the filter.