Adjusting the drive belt
1. Remove the belt guard by removing the three
acorn nuts and lockwashers on the front of the
Prevent the engine from being started by
removing the ignition cable from the spark
2. Check that the belt is properly tensioned by
squeezing the belt together. It should be possible
to squeeze the belt down about 1/4 - 3/8" (6 -
10 mm) from the original position.
3. Loosen screws holding cover plate to belt guard
4. Undo the four screws (A) on the cutting shroud.
5. Loosen the locking nuts (B) on the tension bolts.
6. Turn the tension bolts (C) counter-clockwise
to loosen the belt or clockwise to tighten it.