Personal safety equipment
Persons who use the blower shall wear the following
1. Approved ear protection.
2. Approved eye protection.
3. Face mask when operating the blower in dusty
4. Boots or work shoes with a non-slip sole.
5. First-aid kit.
The following instructions apply to persons
operating the blower:
1. The operator shall have read and understood
the contents of this manual.
2. Do not wear loose clothing, scarves or neck
chains or let long hair hang loose, since these
can be drawn into rotating parts of the blower
and cause injury.
3. Do not operate the blower while under the
influence of alcohol, drugs or when you are
4. Do not allow minors to operate the blower.
The fuel used to run the blower
has the following dangerous
1. Volatile liquid, its vapor and
exhaust fumes are poisonous.
2. Direct contact can cause skin
3. It is extremely combustible.
Special safety instructions apply to the type of fuel
used for the blower. These instructions are specified
under "Fuel handling" on pages 11 and 12.
The muffler is designed to give the lowest possible
noise level and to direct the engine's exhaust fumes
away from the operator. Muffler fitted with catalytic
converter is also designed to reduce harmful
The exhaust fumes from the
engine are hot and may contain
sparks which can start a fire.
Never start the machine indoors
or near combustible material!
Mufflers fitted with catalytic
converters become extremely hot
during use and after stopping.
This also applies at idling speeds.
Contact can result in burns to the
skin. Be observant to the risk of