A number of general maintenance instructions are
given below. If more detailed instructions are
required, get in touch with your local servicing
1. Clean the exterior surfaces of the blower.
2. Check that the throttle lock and the throttle trig-
ger function in a safe manner. Replace
3. Check that the stop switch works properly.
Replace if necessary.
4. Clean the filter. Replace it, if required.
5. Check that the inspection cover can be locked in
the closed position. Carefully check that the fan
impeller is clean, especially if the blower has
been used for collecting debris (vacuuming).
6. Check that all nuts and screws are properly
7. Check that all the housings are free of cracks.
Damaged parts shall be replaced.
8. Check that the collection bag is intact and that
the zipper works. Replace it, if required.
1. Check the condition of the starter device, the
starter cord and the tensioning spring. Damaged
parts shall be replaced.
2. Check that none of the anti-vibration mountings
are damaged. Replace damaged parts.
3. Check the condition of the air intake at the
starter device. Remove debris if it is clogged.
4. Clean the outside of the spark plug. Unscrew it
and check the electrode gap. Re-adjust the gap
to 0.5 mm (0.020"), if necessary, or replace the
5. Clean the fan blades on the flywheel.
6. Clean or replace the muffler's spark arrest
screen (not on mufflers with a catalytic
7. Clean the carburetor space.
8. Clean the air filter.