Maintenance, replacement, or repair of the emission control device and systems may be performed by any non-road
engine repair establishment or individual.
Paper Filter (170 only)
Bolts on muffler
Muffler Spark Arrester
Cylinder Exhaust Port
Make sure that the engine has stopped and is cool before performing
any service to the blower. Contact with rotating blower fan or hot
muffler may result in a personal injury.
• Check the air cleaner before use.
A clogged air filter may increase fuel consumption while cutting down the
• Never operate the blower without an air filter or with a deformed or broken
filter element because unfiltered dusty air will quickly ruin the engine.
• Never clean the paper filter by tapping on it. Doing so may break the element,
causing dust to get sucked into the blower and damaging the engine.
CLEANING AIR FILTER:
1. Unscrew the knob and remove the air cleaner cover.
2. Wash the filter element in fresh, non flammable cleaning solution (ex. warm
soapy water) and then dry.
(Clean the air filter once in a week.)
3. Reinstall the filter. Never forget to attach the screen. If the screen is not
attached, the cleaner will not seal properly and the dusts come into the
4. Hook the slots of cover (4) on the tabs of body (5) and screw the knob.
1. Unscrew the 2 knobs and remove the air cleaner cover.
2. Wash the filter element with neutral detergent and warm water and then dry
(Clean the air filter once in the week.)
3. Moisten the filter element with a small amount of 2 cycle oil.
• Do not apply 4 cycle motor oil as they may damage element.
• Do not use mixture gasoline. This type of gasoline does not contain
much of oil, so that the element becomes dry after a few hours.
• Soak the filter element into a 2 cycle motor oil.
Squeeze the element to remove excess oil so that it weighs 2 to 3 times
heavier than it was dried.
4. Reinstall the element into the packing,set the packing into the air cleaner body.
Never forget to attach the screen properly. If the screen is not attached, the
cleaner will not seal properly and the dusts come into the cylinder.
5. Reinstall the air cleaner cover and screw the 2 knobs.