Care and Cleaning
Use care with laundry
products. They can damage finish on
Instructions for cold
Remove items from the washer as soon as the cycle ends. Excess wrinkling, color
transfer, and odors may develop in items left in the washer.
Dry the washer top, the area around the lid opening, and the underside of the
lid. These areas should always be dry before the lid is closed.
Before cleaning the washer interior, unplug the electrical power cord to
avoid electrical shock hazards.
When extremely soiled items have been washed, a dirty residue may remain on
the tub. Remove this by wiping the tub with a nonabrasive household cleanser.
Rinse thoroughly with water.
The agitator or tub may become stained from fabric dye. Clean these parts with
a nonabrasive household cleanser. This prevents dye transfer to future loads.
When washing is completed, wipe top and sides of washer with a damp cloth.
Turn water faucets off to prevent pressure build-up in the hoses.
As needed, clean the cabinet with mild soap and water. Never use harsh,
gritty or abrasive cleansers. If top or lid becomes stained, clean with diluted
chlorine bleach [1/2 cup (120 ml) in 1 quart (.95 L) water]. Rinse several times
with clear water.
Remove glue residue from tape or labels with a mixture of warm water and mild
detergent. Or, touch residue with the sticky side of the tape or label.
Before moving the washer, place a strip of cardboard or thin fiberboard under
the front leveling legs to prevent floor damage.
If the washer is stored in an area where freezing can occur or moved in freezing
temperatures, follow these winterizing instructions to prevent damage to the
1. Turn off water supply faucets.
2. Disconnect hoses from water supply and drain water from hoses.
3. Plug electrical cord into a properly grounded electrical outlet.
4. Add 1 gallon nontoxic recreational vehicle (RV) antifreeze to empty wash tub.
5. Set cycle selector knob at a spin setting. Pull out knob and let washer spin for
1 minute to drain out all water. Not all of the RV antifreeze will be expelled.
6. Push in knob, unplug electrical power cord, dry tub interior, and close lid.
7. Store washer in an upright position.
8. To remove antifreeze from washer after storage, run empty washer through a
complete cycle using detergent. Do not add wash load.