CLEANING AND CARE
■ FLOOR CONSOLE/UNDER CEILING DUAL TYPE
Cleaning the Air Filter
1. Pull out both sides and the center of the
About 30 mm
2. Pull the air filters upward to remove them.
Push the air filter handles away from the intake grille in
direction 1, then pull out the air filters.
3. Clean the air filters.
Remove the dust from the air filters by vacuuming or
washing them. After washing, allow the air filters to dry
thoroughly in an area protected from sunlight.
● Before cleaning the air conditioner, be sure to turn it off and disconnect the power supply cord.
● Be sure the intake grille is installed securely.
● When removing and replacing the air filters, be sure not to touch the heat exchanger, as per-
sonal injury may result.
4. Re-attach the air filters to the intake grille.
1 The air filters fit onto the inside of the intake grille.
2 The bottom edges of the air filters should fit into the
filter brackets. (figure 1)
3 The air filters should be pushed down so that their
top edges fit under the projections at the top of the
intake grille. (figure 2)
5. Push in both sides and the center of the
● Dust can be cleaned from the air filter either with a vacuum
cleaner, or by washing the filter in a solution of mild de-
tergent and warm water. If you wash the filter, be sure to
allow it to dry thoroughly in a shady place before rein-
● If dirt is allowed to accumulate on the air filter, air flow
will be reduced, lowering operating efficiency and increas-
● During periods of normal use, the air filters should be
cleaned every two weeks.