Troubleshooting the DFI System
OK: No problem.
NG: Problem exists.
1. Inspection starts.
• An abnormality occurs in the DFI system, and the FI indicator LED light goes on to alert the rider.
• Bring the motorcycle into the shop.
2. Confirm problems.
• Reproduce the problems if possible.
3. Conduct pre-diagnosis inspection.
• The pre-diagnosis inspection items are not handled by self-diagnosis. Check the problem before
self-diagnosis, considering the symptoms of the problem.
• Pre-diagnosis Inspection Items
ECU Power Supply Inspection
ECU Fuse Inspection
ECU Main Relay Inspection
FI Indicator LED Light Operation Inspection
Fuel Pressure Inspection
Fuel Flow Rate Inspection
Fuel Line Leakage Inspection
Fuel Injectors and Fuel Pump Leakage Inspection
4. Conduct self-diagnosis.
• Enter the self-diagnosis mode and count the blinks of the FI indicator LED light to read the
5. Check items.
• Decide the faulty part, referring to the problem chart.
• Decide the check procedure for each faulty part, referring to each section (Fault Inspection 11
6. Operation check.
• Make sure the FI indicator LED light goes off.
• If the problem is related to startability or idle stability, idle the engine to confirm that the DFI
system and the ignition system are operating correctly.
• If the problem is related to driveability, ride the motorcycle at 30 km/h (18 mph) or above to
confirm that the DFI system and the ignition system are operating correctly.
FUEL SYSTEM (DFI) 3-27