hp photosmart 7550
unpack your hp printer
Printer Help on CD
1. Press the Power button to turn the printer on.
2. Insert your forefinger behind the notch on the
left side of the side door and pull out to open
3. Pop open each print cartridge cradle latch by
pulling out the bottom of the latch.
4. Remove the plastic tape from each print
5. Insert each print cartridge so the copper
contacts go in first.
Insert the HP #56 black print cartridge in the
Be sure to insert the HP
Photosmart CD before you
connect the printer to your
computer with the USB cable.
plug in the power cord
Insert the HP #57 tri-color print cartridge in the
Insert the HP #58 photo print cartridge in the left
6. Close each print cartridge cradle latch by
pulling out the bottom of the latch, pressing
down, then releasing the latch.
7. Close the side door and press the OK button.
A calibration page prints automatically. This
verifies that the print cartridges are installed
load plain paper in the IN tray
1. Lift the OUT tray.
2. Pull out the paper length guide on the IN tray.
3. Slide the paper width guide as far to the left as it
4. Move the photo tray slider toward you until it stops.
This disengages the photo tray.
5. Place a stack of plain paper into the IN tray.
6. Adjust the paper width guide and paper length guide
to fit close to the edges of the paper without bending
7. Lower the OUT tray.
Print cartridge cradle latch
Paper width guide
Do not touch the
ink nozzles or the
Photo tray slider
Paper length guide