Before leaving our factory, every machine is thoroughly tested. Follow our instructions strictly and
your machine will give you long service in normal operating conditions.
Before starting up the machine, make sure you read this entire operations manual and are familiar
with the operation of the machine.
WITH MACHINE COLD AND SETTING LEVEL:
Check engine oil. Fill to full mark on dip stick with 10W30 oil. DO NOT OVERFILL!!
• Gas Models: Class MS, SD, SE or better.
1 - 2 HOUR OPERATION CHECK:
ALWAYS park machine on a level surface with the engine "OFF" and the engine switch set in the
"OFF" position before performing any maintenance. Let the machine cool down!!
Tension the blade drive V-belts. DO NOT over tension!!
SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE QUICK REFERENCE:
Before performing any maintenance, ALWAYS park the machine on a level surface with the engine
"OFF" and the engine switch set in the "OFF" position.
1. Check engine oil level.
2. Check blade guard for damage.
3. Check engine air ﬁ lter, replace if dirty.
4. Lubricate bladeshaft bearings.
5. Lubricate front wheel bearings.
6. Check blade drive V-belt tension. DO NOT over
tension!!! Change in sets only!
SERVICE EVERY 50 HOURS:
1. Replace engine oil and ﬁ lter.
2. Clean engine/motor air ﬁ ns.
3. Lubricate depth control adjustment screw. (Screw
Feed version only.)
4. Check wheels for wear or damage.
PRE OPERATION CHECKLIST
NOTE: See engine manual for speciﬁ c engine maintenance
for your speciﬁ c model.