Care and Cleaning
Other Inside Routine Cleaning (Preventive)
Cleaning Dispenser Drawer
Detergent and fabric softener may build up in the
dispenser drawer. Residue should be removed once or
twice a month.
• Remove the drawer by pulling the drawer out until it
• Reach back into the left rear corner of the drawer cav-
ity and press down ﬁ rmly on the lock tab. Pull out the
• Remove the insert from the bleach and fabric softener
• Rinse the drawer and inserts with a combination of ¾
cup liquid chlorine bleach and 1 gallon hot tap water
to remove traces of accumulated powders and liquids.
Large amounts of fabric softener residue may indicate
improper dilution or more frequent cleaning is required.
Rinse well with tap water.
• To clean the drawer opening, use a small brush to clean
the recess. Remove all residue from the upper and lower
parts of the recess.
• Replace the insert by pressing it in place until you hear a
slight click. Return the dispenser drawer.
Daily Preventive Maintenance
• Remove items from the washer as soon as the cycle ends.
Excess wrinkling, color transfer, and odors may develop
in items left in the washer.
• If there are no small children or pets present, you may
leave the door ajar when the washer is not in use.
• Leave the dispenser drawer open slightly at the end of
the wash day.
• Dry around the washer door opening, ﬂ exible gasket, and
door glass. These areas should always be clean to ensure
a water tight seal.
• When extremely soiled items have been washed, a dirty
residue may remain on the drum. Remove this by wiping
the drum with a nonabrasive household cleanser. Rinse
thoroughly with water.
• Periodically, wipe dry the folds in the bottom of the door
ﬂ exible gasket to remove lint and other debris.